TL;DR of TL;DRs: You own all rights to your content & personal data. Writaa or its friends and partners have rights to everything that is not explicitly added to our system by users — and you no do boo boo with these. We’ll never send you spam, sell your data or use it for advertising. We’ll go the extra mile to keep the content you host with us safe & secure.
Terms and Conditions (Terms of Service)
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 22, 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the www.writaa.com website and the Writaa mobile application(s) (together, or individually, the "Service") operated by Mythology Labs, LLP (“Writaa”, “ML”, ”us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service.
This document is a legally binding agreement between you and Writaa that governs your use of Writaa’s online services and mobile apps.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you do not have permission to access the Service.
Our Data Processing Agreement under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) forms part of these Terms of Service.
By using the Writaa.com web site or its apps (collectively referred to as the “Service”), or any services of ML, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to modify or replace these Terms, without notice, at any time and at our sole discretion. These Terms may be revised for new products, services or features that may be added to the existing Service which shall also be subject to the Terms. By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
Violation of any of the Terms below will result in the termination of your Account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must provide your full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup and create your account on Writaa.
- A single username and password (“login”) may only be used by one person.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Writaa cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and Content (text, graphics, photos, links) that is uploaded under your Service account.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited or “spam” messages for email, SMS, Instant Messenger, or any “Social Media”.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Writaa.
- A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the sole discretion of Writaa will result in an immediate termination of your services.
- You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Service before you may become a member of Writaa.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Writaa does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Writaa does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that Writaa uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You understand that your Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks..
- You have the sole ownership over all content that you submit to your account, however, if you choose to make your work public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
- Writaa does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that in no event shall Writaa, ML, its affiliates, officers, directors and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Writaa has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Writaa to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This Terms of Service document constitutes the entire agreement between you and Writaa and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Writaa (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support email [email protected]
By creating an account on our service, you agree to subscribe to newsletters or marketing materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- Writaa may, at its sole discretion, offer a Subscription with a free trial for a limited or unlimited period of time ("Free Trial").
- At any time and without notice, Writaa reserves the right to (i) modify the terms and conditions of the Free Trial offer, or (ii) cancel such a Free Trial offer.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Writaa reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly or annual subscription plan fees to the Service which are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Service site (writaa.com) or the Service itself.
- Writaa shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Account Cancellation and Termination
- We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse) of any Writaa customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- If you wish to terminate your account, we provide a tool do so. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Settings icon in the global navigation bar on the right of the screen. The Account Settings screen provides a button to terminate your account (“Close Account”). An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon termination. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate your Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Exporting your data
You can export a Writaa sessions at any time by emailing your sessions to the registered email address. The selected data will be emailed to you in a .PDF format. This is the only available process of exporting your content and it must be done from your account. Writaa support team will be unable to assist you with requests to export your data.
The Service and its original content (excluding Content provided by users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Writaa and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Writaa.
Governing Law and Disputes
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Mumbai, India without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
Are customers required to sign the Writaa Data Processing Agreement?
In order to use our products and services, you need to accept our GDPR-DPA, which we have provided a link to on our website: Data Processing Agreement. By agreeing to our terms of service, you are automatically accepting our GDPR-DPA and do not need to sign a separate document.
Mythology Labs LLP
Suite No. 110,
Mastermind V, Royal Palms Estate,
Arey colony, Goregaon (E)
Mumbai, 400 076